Being in mission to others is at the heart of the Methodist teachings. As John Wesley (founder of the Methodist Church) said, "Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can."
At Furley Church, we look to scripture in partnership with the teaching of John Wesley to guide all of our efforts.
Matthew 28:18 - 20, also known as The Great Commission, says - and Jesus is speaking - "Go, therefore and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and ot the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you to the end of the age."
Also from Matthew 26:40, again the words of Jesus, "And the King will answer them, Truly I say to you, as you did ti to one of the least of these, my brothers, you did it to me."
The Apostle Paul tells belivers in Ephesus (and us today) to cover everything in prayer. "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people." Ephesians 6:18
Through prayer we ask God to show us where He is working and how Furley Church can join Him to give care, comfort, help,and love in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
There are many opportunities for mission and service close to home and abroad, including those listed below.
Come. Let's Journey Together. Living Life. Loving Jesus.
- Klothes Kloset
- Monthly Sack Lunches for the Homeless Resource Center @ Open Door
UMC Special Offerings
- UMCOR, formally known as One Great Hour of Sharing (3/27/2022)
- Native American Ministries (5/15/2022)
- School supplies, clothing, gift cards
- An owner church we serve on the Board of Directors
- Lead Sunday Vesper Services
- Provide financial support for special projects at the Manor.
- Help with monthly birthday parties for residents.
- Help facilitate Friday BINGO and provide prizes for residents. Click SPRINGO N2 BINGO
- Volunteer in the Women's Auxilary whose eforts give support to residents and staff.
Grassroots Ministries/ Angel House Orphanage and School in Tanzania, Africa
- Provide Child Sponsorship for 1 young man, Matiko Joseph
Annual Food Drives
- Benefiting the Bread of LIfe pantry in Potwin, KS, Sunlight Children's Home in Andover, KS, Union Rescue Mission in Wichita, KS and Victory in the Valley in Wichita, kS
Community VBS in Whitewater, KS
- Partnering with Remington area churches to provide a week of bible learning through interactive teaching, crafts, music, games and service for Pre-K through Middle School aged students.
Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Furley yarn artists create beautiful prayer shawls, pocket prayer shawls, scarves, etc. for gifting to individuals going through many kinds of life experiences.
- Creations are dedicated to the Lord's service on the altar prior to gifting.
Wherever the Lord guides, we trust Him to provide what is needed for outreach and service to ALL.